Monday, April 2, 2007

In full swing

Sunday marked the official start of the 2007 season for Indy Hurling.

About 25 guys made it out to Richardt Park for the first official practice. Field conditions were atrocious and after hitting the ball around for a few minutes the decision was made to move to Lawrence Park.

After arriving at Lawrence Park, Ciaran led us through various drills for handpassing and defending. 4 new players also joined us for the first time. Ciaran led Chappy, Eric, Jason and one other (I'm sorry I never got your name!) through the basics of how to lift the ball and other beginner drills.

Finally we all came together for a scrimmage. The guys played hard and even one of the new guys scored a point. A couple of hurleys were broken, but fun was had by all.

I got some nice pictures and I'll get them posted as soon as I can.

No comments: